10 Iconic American Things With Foreign Roots
Even though baseball is known as America’s pastime, the game’s origins can be traced all the way back to before the United States was even a country.
The earliest known reference to baseball was in a 1744 British publication called A Little Pretty Pocket-Book by John Newbery. In it, Newbery describes a game called “base-ball”, with a woodcut illustration showing a field similar to the modern game, only triangular as opposed to diamond-shaped, and posts instead of ground bases. Other very likely influences are British bat-and-ball games of rounders and cricket.
All of these were brought over to the New World by colonists and immigrants, leading to the development of the game we know today.
- Celebrity Pics Before and After Dental Surgery
- Things you didn’t know about Trump’s Son Barron
- The Hottest Celebrities in Body Paint
- The Darker Side of Adult Industry Revealed
- Victoria’s Secret models Body Measurements
- The Life of Human Barbie
- 10 Dark Secrets Of Famous Historical Figures
- Incredible Celebrity Makeup Transformations – Top Ten
- Vladimir Putin: Craziest Life Facts to Know
- Top 10 Youngest World Supermodels
- 10 Most Expensive Perfumes In The World
- Playboy’s 10 Sexiest Playmate Winners of All Time