10 Iconic American Things With Foreign Roots
Even though baseball is known as America’s pastime, the game’s origins can be traced all the way back to before the United States was even a country.
The earliest known reference to baseball was in a 1744 British publication called A Little Pretty Pocket-Book by John Newbery. In it, Newbery describes a game called “base-ball”, with a woodcut illustration showing a field similar to the modern game, only triangular as opposed to diamond-shaped, and posts instead of ground bases. Other very likely influences are British bat-and-ball games of rounders and cricket.
All of these were brought over to the New World by colonists and immigrants, leading to the development of the game we know today.
- Playboy’s 10 Sexiest Playmate Winners of All Time
- 10 Dark Secrets Of Famous Historical Figures
- Top 10 Most Popular Workout Types in Fitness
- The Life of Human Barbie
- Things you didn’t know about Trump’s Son Barron
- Top 10 Youngest World Supermodels
- Vladimir Putin: Craziest Life Facts to Know
- 10 Most Expensive Perfumes In The World
- The Darker Side of Adult Industry Revealed
- The Hottest Celebrities in Body Paint
- Celebrity Pics Before and After Dental Surgery
- Incredible Celebrity Makeup Transformations – Top Ten